Good job, dedicated Madison citizen. If you’re reading this, it means you’re already one of the most informed + connected Mad City residents (or at least you’re about to be).
We are 608today — your new go-to for navigating all things Madison. Whether you’re walking the dog, still in bed, sitting in the carpool line, or sipping your morning coffee, your life as a smart, engaged Madisonian just got a little bit easier.
Here’s what you can expect. ➡️
We’ll share what you need to know in Madison + the surrounding areas each day — from ranking the best dishes at a new restaurant to breaking down upcoming developments — so you can wake up, read one (free) email, learn something new, and move forward with your day. We call that a win.
As a subscriber ➡️
We’re giving you a sneak peek into what we’re working on. Here’s what we’ve been talking about recently:
- Each month you can utilize our curated event calendar to find the best ways to fill all of your days around town — from shows to seminars. 🗓️
- If you’re already sipping on a summer lager, we’re helping you find the best patios in town to soak up the sun + celebrate the season. ☀️
- Love traveling in + around southern Wisconsin? We’re giving you the 411 on how to hit the road for an outdoor adventure. 🚗
- We’re helping Madisonian’s beat the heat and stay cool with cold treats for a hot day. 🍦
- And of course, we can’t do our job thoroughly without mentioning our favorite outdoor space — the UW-Madison Arboretum. Check out our guide for how to explore the arboretum. 🌳
Additionally, we’ll be chatting with you about Wisconsin slang, the history of Madison’s lost city + the dairy industry in the Badger State. 🐮
Who are we? ➡️
608today is the 12th city that 6AM City (our parent company) is helping make smarter and more informed. We also exist in Chattanooga (NOOGAtoday), Raleigh (RALtoday), Louisville (LOUtoday), Charleston, SC (CHStoday) + more. We’re written for locals by locals — who you will get to know in the coming weeks.
If you’re as excited as we are about this adventure, share this article with your friends + family and encourage them to subscribe for diverse, hyperlocal Madison content.