For #DrinkUpMadison, we’re issuing a challenge to all the coffee-crazed Madisonians out there. Our team has created a coffee crawl map — because why should pubs have all the fun?
To make this java journey doable, we’re sticking to recommendations downtown. Here are the six locations on the official 608today Coffee Crawl.
☕ Indie Coffee, 1225 Regent St.
- Snatch a window seat and carb load with some waffles — you’ll need the energy for the journey ahead of you. Match the treat with a Cloud 9 or Monet Sunrise if you’ve got a sweet tooth, or cut it with the house dark roast.
☕ Poindexter Coffee Shop, 601 Landon St. (inside the Graduate Hotel)
- Grab a classic drip or specialty drink from this lobby-level café. Pro tip: You’ll want some aesthetic photos to show for your coffee crawl, and this is the place to snap them.
☕ Michelangelo’s Coffee House, 114 State St.
- Kick your feet up a while at this State Street staple. You’ll feel good to have made it this far already — just like you’ll feel good about Michelangelo’s fair trade, small batch brew. Grab a mocha chiller to cool off before your next shop.
☕ Bradbury’s Coffee, 127 N. Hamilton St.
- You may want to slam a quick shot of espresso at the outdoor standing area (with a view of the Capitol). But if you’ve walked off that waffle, it may be the perfect time to refuel with Bradbury’s savory crêpes.
☕ Black Locust Cafe, 829 E. Washington Ave.
- Brought your own mug this whole way? Cash in with a discount on Black Locust’s drip coffee to go. Otherwise, settle in for a miel latte (a light latte served hot with honey) and something off Black Locust’s omnivore + vegan-friendly menu.
☕ The Victory, 2710 Atwood Ave.
- Bonus round: this one is a ~20 minute cycle away — which we think you’ll have the energy for. Round out your trip with an affogato or your favorite coffee drink, then debrief in this funky neighborhood space.
Ready to get on the grind and complete this crawl yourself? Tag us in your photos on social media with #608today.