Each week, the City of Madison’s committees, boards, and councils host dozens of meetings to discuss the current goings on. Most of these meetings are open for public comment, here’s how you can get involved.
Personnel Board | Tuesday, Aug. 15 | 3 p.m. | Virtual
Agenda items include an overview of the new budget process (#78976).
Habitat Stewardship Subcommittee | Tuesday, Aug. 15 at 4:30 p.m. | Virtual
Agenda items include a habitat management plan overview for Managed Meadows (#79311). Think: Native plant diversity.
Urban Design Commission | Wednesday, Aug. 16 | 4:30 p.m. | 215 MLK, Jr. Blvd., Room 206
Agenda items include a presentation on the new Wisconsin History Center (#77005).
Register to participate
Before you go, feel free to watch previous meetings to get caught up.
- Find a meeting of your interest by browsing the Meetings Schedule page. You’ll see a “Register for Public Comment” button when you click on a meeting. Note: Not all meetings will have this option.
- Now, you’ll find yourself on the meeting’s registration page. Browse the agenda items by clicking the “View all agenda items” link.
- Each agenda item is numbered, you can enter one agenda number in the “Agenda item #" field.
- Choose whether you support or oppose the agenda item you listed — or opt for neither.
- Choose whether or not you’d like to speak at the meeting. If you choose to speak, keep an eye on your email as you’ll receive further instructions.
Maybe you don’t have a specific agenda item to speak on, but you’d still like to relay information relevant to a certain committee or meeting — comments, handouts.
Instead of registering for public comment, you can send an email to the meeting holders. You’ll find the contact information at the very top of the meeting’s registration page.
Interested in joining a committee? We got you covered.