Table of Contents
It might not seem like it right now, but eventually, we’ll thaw out of winter. When we do, all of the ongoing construction projects will be in full swing.
We’ve got a rundown of a few major impact City projects in either the planning stage or that are already underway — along with the estimated end date of each one.
Bidding + Planning
- Madison Senior Center courtyard | Spring 2024 | The senior center’s courtyard — adjacent to Cap Centre Market — is transitioning into a public park. Construction is set to begin in the last quarter of 2023.
- John Nolen Drive | 2026-2027 | With all phases complete, this project will boast a new waterfront, reconstructed bridges, and a foot/bike underpass — among other updates. Register for this month’s public info meeting to learn more about this project’s processes and scheduling.
- Door Creek Park | Jan. 2024 | Currently in the bidding process, this shelter project will create a public structure for residents to host both community and private events.
Design + Construction
- West Wilson Street + South Broom Street | Sept. 2023 | New sidewalks, lighting, and traffic signals are all on the docket for this intersection’s makeover.
- Atwood Avenue | Nov. 2023 | Wide sidewalks, a foot/bike bridge over Starkweather Creek, walking paths, and a parking lot are all in the works for this east-side main drag.
- La Mariposa Lane | Oct. 2024 | This new street will connect Braxton Place to West Washington Avenue. A shared-use path between La Mariposa Lane and Regent Street is also in the works for this Bayview area project.