Report a problem to the City of Madison

Make your voice heard and improve the city for everyone by reporting problems you come across in Madison.

WI state capitol

Help the city help you by reporting a problem. | Photo by 608today

Table of Contents

Notice a streetlight out in your neighborhood? Maybe your morning commute is being disrupted by potholes. Whatever the problem is — big or small — the City of Madison wants to know about it.

Bookmark this page to report problems to the appropriate department and keep the 608 great.



  • Lights | Keep your block safe by reporting any flickering/out street lights.
  • Signals | In the case of an outing, call Traffic Engineering at 608-266‑4767 from Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Call 911 any other time.
  • Signs | For Stop/Yield sign issues, follow traffic signal protocol. Do not call 911 for any traffic signs besides Stop/Yield.

Bikeways | Propose your idea for a new bike path or bring attention to issues on existing paths.


Metro Transit | With the new redesign right around the corner, keep this in mind for any feedback.

At home

Exterior housing | Ping City officials if you come across a residence that you believe doesn’t adhere to the Property Enforcement Guide.


Mailbox damage | Use only if a City vehicle damages your mailbox.

Around town

Consumer complaint | File a complaint on a business when you believe pricing or quantity errors have occurred with a product/service that you paid for.

Graffiti | Call out any offensive vandalism.

Sidewalks | Running into obstacles on your nightly walk? Snap a pic and submit a report.

These are just a few of the City’s many problem report options, check out the full list.