Happy #608Day, Madison. Today, June 8 (6/08), is a day to appreciate everything that makes the 608 area code worth celebrating. DYK the area code was created in 1955 when it split from the 414 area code + covers Madison, Janesville, and La Crosse? Raise your hand if you rep your 608 phone number with pride. 👋
Live it up with your favorite duck
Cheers to the local beer scene
Garth’s Brew Bar is serving up a limited-edition west coast style pale ale in collaboration with 608 Brewing, a La Crosse-based brewer. The American beer bar also has Door County Brewing Co., Oliphant Brewing, and Wonderstate nitro cold brew on tap.
Shop local + shop savvy
Hilldale is going all out for 608 day with everything from live music to in-store deals from all your favorite shops.
- 608 Cabaret Series: Local singers raising money for their favorite nonprofits. View the schedule here.
- Gigi’s Cupcakes: A sweet duo of a cupcake and cake pop for $6.08
- Metcalfe’s: Rewards Members get $6.08 off a purchase of $30+
- Farmer’s Market: Shop local produce and makers at the market from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Instagrammable activities: 608 murals, face painting, and lawn games make for a perfect addition to the feed.
And for even more local shopping, Madison Magazine’s got 10+ businesses with 608 day deals.