This week, three national design teams shared initial plans + concepts for their visions of the Lake Monona waterfront redesign. Let’s get to know the teams and their proposals.
- Create a “districts system” focused on Monona Terrace, Olin Park + the causeway.
- Undergo the largest urban marsh restoration in the Midwest.
James Corner Field Operations | New York, NY
These new-age landscape architects + urban designers are committed to innovating new ways to interact with everyday spaces. Proposal takeaways:
- Re-imagine John Nolen Drive as a greener, pedestrian-friendly boulevard.
- Reconnect + reorient the city to the waterfront.
Sasaki | Boston, MA
A design firm with 65+ years of experience in space planning, community engagement, and civil engineering. Proposal takeaways:
- Design + create four unique areas: Lake Park Ledge, Lake Lounge, Community Causeway, and Olin Park.