It’s Friday night — what else would you expect us to eat?
The tradition of the Friday night fish fry dates back over half a century in the Dairyland. We cod talk for hours about the history of this dinnertime staple, but we’d rather get into the meat of it.
Here’s what to expect on your plate:
- Beer-battered + deep-fried perch, walleye, haddock, cod, or bluegill
- Potatoes — french fries, potato pancakes, hash browns, fried potatoes, or baby reds
- Crisp coleslaw
- A slice of rye bread
- Assorted condiments — lemon wedges, malt vinegar, or tartar sauce
Ready to dig in? Check out these eateries for a classic fry.
Pro tip: These offerings are only available on Friday evening, so get a bite while you can.
- Settle Down Tavern | 117 S. Pinckney St.
- Gates & Brovi | 3502 Monroe St.
- The Lone Girl Brewing Company | 114 E. Main St., Waunakee