The 2022 Wisconsin Film Festival returns in person tomorrow, April 7 — kicking off a weeklong celebration of world cinema right here in Madison. The event is a culmination of global screenwriters, directors, designers + more bringing 150 films to the 608. We’re breaking down best practices for making this year’s festival a perfect take.
🎟️ Let’s talk tickets
The easiest + fastest way to grab tickets for the event is by making an account on the festival website. Moviegoers can opt for individual tickets or an all-festival pass — allowing for unlimited screenings during non-overlapping shows. Tickets will also be available during the festival at all venues for same-day purchases.
Pro tip: UW-Madison students are eligible for one free ticket at any venue, all festival long. Provide a valid WisCard and a seat is yours free of charge.
🎬 Where are we watching
Pro tip: Screenings at the AMC Madison 6 offer assistive screening technology + you can learn more about venue accessibility from staff.
📽️ Wisconsin filmmakers in the spotlight
- Marquee Madness | Fri., April 8 | 8:30 p.m. | The Marquee
- Memories of the Future | Sat., April 9 | 11 a.m. | Chazen Museum of Art
- KIMI | Sat., April 9 | 1 p.m. | UW Cinematheque
- State of the State | Sat., April 9 | 2:45 p.m. | The Marquee
- Hunters and Gatherers | Sun., April 10 | 4:15 p.m. | AMC Madison 6
- Seven Days | Sun., April 10 | 6:15 p.m. | AMC Madison 6
- Bodies, Borders, and Belonging | Sun., April 10 | 6:45 p.m. | The Marquee
Still want to learn more about the festival? Connect with the organizer + a community of cinephiles on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, plus check out clips from previous festivals on Youtube.
P.S. — don’t forget to brush up on the Wisconsin Film Festival campfire theme song.