Trivia night: where useless knowledge isn’t useless. If you take pride in knowing who wrote Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky), the name of Pluto’s largest satellite (Charon), or what year Steely Dan’s “Aja” (1977) dropped, then buzz into our recs for trivia night in the 608. (Answers to the above questions in the full article, by the way.)
Madison-based Premier Trivia and Entertainment works with local venues to provide prizes in the form of gift cards to your favorite bars + restaurants.
- Hodge Podge | Tuesdays at 6 p.m. | $30 gift card for first place
- Dark Horse Artbar | Wednesdays at 7 p.m. | $50 gift card for first place
- Essen Haus | Sundays at 6 p.m. | $25 gift card for first place
- Boneyard | Starting next Wed., Aug. 10 at 6 p.m. | $30 gift card for first place
Pro tip: Premier will bring the paper, but don’t forget something to write with.
America’s Pub Quiz
America’s Pub Quiz hosts trivia nights as far as Fort Worth + LA — but it’s based in Wisconsin, so expect plenty of Madison venues.
- Garth’s Brew Bar | Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
- State Street Brats | Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
- Hop Haus | Tuesdays at 7 p.m. (Fitchburg) + Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. (Verona)
Pro tip: The America’s Pub Quiz League is starting its third season this Sun., Aug. 7. That means you can compete for a $1,000 grand prize — but it also means you should expect more serious competition.
Dream Day Entertainment
Themed trivia nights are the name of the game at Dream Day Entertainment, plus regular events at local brewpubs.
Pro tip: The theme is “Movie Soundtracks & TV Theme Songs.” Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place, as well as to the best costume.
The Brass Ring isn’t affiliated with Madison’s other trivia hosts — but you might catch City Editor Ryan during Wednesday + Thursday night games. They use Discord to run their games, so bring a tech savvy friend.