Any “The Last of Us” fans out there? If the HBO hit makes you painfully aware of how unprepared you are for a zombie apocalypse, this one’s for you.
Here are some local ways you can improve your zombie survival skills:
- Archery is a great skill to have in an apocalyptic scenario so check out Little Jon’s in Marshall to get started.
- For those up-close encounters, take boxing, Muay Thai classes at Twisted Fitness.
- I’ve never seen a zombie climb a tree. Try a high ropes course through UW-Madison’s Adventure Learning Program to get a feel for what arboreal navigation could look like in the face of the undead.
- You’ll inevitably get some boo-boos during the end of the world. Patch yourself up thanks to first aid lessons from the Red Cross.
- Hungry? Check out Dane County Park’s foraging guide or join the Madison Mycological Society to know what you can and can’t eat.