Cello there, 608. Make Music Madison returns today, Tues., June 21 for the ninth-annual international summer solstice music celebration.
Tune in as we explore the 40-year-old tradition of Fête De La Musique — French for “festival of music” and “make music!”
How to jam out 🎶
The city-wide, free DIY music festival is taking Madison by storm with 100+ venues to enjoy serenades from an eclectic mix of musicians. Let’s bop around town and check out some of the upcoming shows + how you can spend a day in each neighborhood while celebrating the festival.
In the Atwood-Schenk neighborhood:
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens, 3330 Atwood Ave. | 3:15 p.m. | Eric De Los Santos
- A Room of One’s Own, 2717 Atwood Ave. | 5:00 p.m. | Sigra
- Garver Feed Mill, 3241 Garver Green | 6:00 p.m. | Woodstock West
- Monroe Commons, 1800 Monroe St. | 1 p.m. | Monroe Street Art Center
- Bonnie’s Driveway, 1430 Drake St. | 4 p.m. | Dark of the Moon Contra Band
- Wingra Park, 824 Knickerbocker Pl. | 6 p.m. | DJ Diaphoresis