You asked, we’re answering. A new and improved 608today events calendar is here.
Or maybe you didn’t realize we even had an events calendar — consider this your ticket to the most fun and relevant events in Madison, including:
- Summer Live Jazz Series| Sun., Sept. 11 | 2-4 p.m. | The Cider Farm, 8216 Watts Rd. | Free | Hear a set from artist Carisa + sip on organic ciders made from Wisconsin-grown apples.
- All Ages Improv Show| Sat., Sep. 17 | 5:30 p.m. | Harmony Bar & Grill, 2201 Atwood Ave. | Free | This one hour show is packed with fast-paced, short-form improv comedy for the whole family.
- UW Cinematheque | Sat., Sep. 17 | 7-8 p.m. | 821 University Ave., 4070 Vilas Hall | Free | Join the UW community for a screening of director Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Rain People.”
- Willy Street Fair 2022 | Sun., Sept. 18 | 5 p.m. | 900-1000 block of Williamson Street | Free | Put on your dancing shoes for this multi-stage weekend music festival with 45 years of history in the 608.
- Biergarten and Food Cart Cinema| Sat., Sept. 24 | San Damiano, 4123 Monona Dr., Monona | Free | Two of our favorite things — Biergarten and a movie — rolled into one night. Bring your blankets, family, friends, and an appetite for live music, good eats, and an evening show.
As Madisonians ourselves, we love making sure that the 608 has access to the most robust, relevant, and hyperlocal events calendar possible. In part, we rely on readers like you to keep us in the loop — start submitting your events now. (Just like before, you can add your event to our calendar for free but we’ve also added a few new paid promotional opportunities to take advantage of as well, starting at just $15.)
In addition to the hundreds of events that you can discover each month on our website, each issue of our newsletter features a dedicated events section, with our curated editorial picks for the upcoming week, organized by day. Keep scrolling just a little bit and you’ll see what we mean. Pro tip: Click the link to see our full calendar if you want to start planning ahead.
Want to know which events we’re most excited about? Your friendly neighborhood City Editors (👋 that’s us, Ryan + Ally) can often be found out and about at the newest restaurant openings, football games, festivals, and fairs — see what we’re up to in the Wrap section at the bottom of each newsletter or by following us on Instagram @608today. Click the button below to bookmark your best events for September. ⤵️