Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general,” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Madison? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Blind Shot Social Club | Blind Shot’s mocktail list is extensive and creative. The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can’t Read is a mix of zero-proof whiskey, orange, cherry, bitters, and coke.
- Merchant | Raru’s Blessing combines strawberry rhubarb syrup, honey syrup, lemon juice, and soda water.
- Mint Mark | When at Mint Mark, order the Mint Madness — NA Floreale L’Aperitivo, mint syrup, and lime.
- Heritage Tavern | Heritage doesn’t stop at mocktails, try the 0% Château del ISH sparkling wine.
- Little Palace | Two words: Lychee float. Lychee puree with sparkling NA rosé.