The Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra has announced the lineup for this year’s Concerts on the Square series. The highly anticipated seasonal event will be celebrating its 40th anniversary this summer.
Concerts on the Square started in 1983 when local businesswoman Pleasant Rowland wanted to create an accessible way for Madisonians to interact with local art.
It has since become a must-go event for locals and visitors alike. The annual six-part concert series draws over 200,000 audience members each year.
Grab your picnic blankets and mark your calendars for the following Wednesdays:
- June 28 | ¡Viva Tiempo Libre! | Three time Grammy nominated Latin band, Tiempo Libre.
- July 5 | Contrastes | Trombnist Joël Vaïsse — winner of the Young Artist Concert Competition — and violinist Clark Snavely.
- July 12 | A WI Celebration | Middleton High School Choir, Leotha Stanley, drummer Eric Logan, and the Little Priest Singers.
- July 19 | Romeo + Juliet Fantasy | Amber Merritt and pianist Johannes Wallmann.
- July 26 | A Millennial Mixtape | Candian rock symphony band, Jeans ‘n’ Classics.
- August 2 | Journey Through Time | Harpist Bridget Kibbey.
- BYOB — food carts will be set up around the square.
- Low seating only — picnic blankets are the norm, and any chairs higher than 6" off of the ground are not permitted.
- No pets.
- Weather cancellations will be announced at 3 p.m. on concert days + rescheduled to 7 p.m. the following day.
The King Street side of the square will be lined with sponsored tables that groups of up to ten can reserve. Beverage service and food from Heritage Catering are also available for an extra cost.
Volunteers are needed for the following tasks:
- Beverage booth
- Information booth
- Donation tents
- Kids’ Zone
- Lawn supervisors
- Friends of WCO
- Merch booth
- Stage security
- Table area greeters + detailers
Register here to give a helping hand while enjoying the shows.