May we draw you in? This Saturday and Sunday, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA) kicks off Art Fair on the Square — a free downtown festival featuring 500+ artists, live music, food trucks, and plenty of programming to keep the creative juices flowing all weekend.
Map out your masterpiece
The Capitol Square feels busy on a regular day, let alone when nearly 200,000 people flock to it. Use tools like the City of Madison parking utility to check lot availability as well as pricing. Want to ditch the car altogether? Find public transportation with the route builder or grab a BCycle and roll right up to the festivities.
Artists in residency
Working across 12 mediums, here’s just a little preview of what you can expect to see.
- Ceramics | Luis Gutierrez | Booth 624
- Digital art | Lilada Gee | Booth 820
- Painting | Chris Abigt | Booth 672
- Photography | Enrique Chavez | Booth 262
- Drawings | Robin Lauersdorf | Booth 136
Mid-day music and munchies break
Grab a bite to eat from a local vendor + pull up a seat at one of three live music stages.
- Beef Butter BBQ | Food court | Beef Butter brisket sliders with smoked apple pie and baked beans.
- Curd Girl | On the square | Madison’s favorite fried cheese curds.
- Jakarta Cafe | Food court | Pulled pork tacos, veggie tacos, and spring rolls.
Food in hand, let’s find somewhere to enjoy a bite surrounded by live entertainment.
- State Street Stage | State Street and the Capitol Square
- MLK Jr. Boulevard Stage | Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
- Performing Arts Stage | Capitol Steps at North Hamilton Street
MMoCA is looking for support with greeting guests, managing the silent auction, and monitoring the kids area. If you want a true behind-the-scenes experience at the museum’s largest annual fundraising event, sign up to help here.
Applications for the 2023 event will open in mid-November of this year. Be sure to review the rules, requirements + fees involved in being an AFOTS artist.