I know, I know. With snow on the ground and seemingly permanent clouds in the sky, the last thing any of us want to do is lace up our running shoes.
Whether it takes you six days or six weeks to prepare for a race, we got you covered. Check out this list of 5ks (3.1-mile races) coming up in the 608.
- Lakeshore Path 5k Parkrun | Every Saturday | Free | Ease into the 5k scene at this weekly run.
- Frozen Assets | Sat., Feb. 4 | $45-$50 | Register with the Clean Lakes Alliance to trek across a frozen Lake Mendota.
- Freeze for Food | Sat., March 4 | $20 | Support the local Open Doors for Refugees organization. Pro tip: Sign up a group of three for $10 off registration fees.
- Shamrock Shuffle | Sat., March 11 | $40 | This themed race includes an Irish dance performance and a best-dressed award.
- Beat the Blues Cruise | Sat., April 15 | $50 | This race contributes to charities rooted in suicide awareness and prevention causes.