Fancy yourself an event planner? Or maybe, you and some friends want to host an open mic night to meet and mingle with other local creatives. Whatever the case, the Library Takeover program at the Madison Public Library is an opportunity to get involved + express yourself.
🎯 Target of the takeover
Made possible by the Madison Public Library Foundation, the takeover offers Madisonians an opportunity to create a hyper-local platform for like-minded individuals to come together + bring ideas to life.
You provide the idea, Madison Public Library will provide funding, planning support, and a location to host your event. The program is looking for inclusive ideas that have the potential to impact and transform the community.
🗣️ Get involved
All you need is a few friends and a great idea to get in on the action. Groups of 3-4 can submit applications over the next 30 days + selected teams will be provided with a space at the library to, well, takeover.
Planning an entire event from scratch seems daunting. Fret not, planning boot camps are in place to make sure groups are fully prepared and supported from start to finish.
💡 Not sure if your idea is a the right fit?
Take a look at some past takeovers:
- Nourish You: Self-Care Retreat | Geared towards women who may not always feel included in the mainstream self-care culture.
- Many Voices, One Community | A volunteer-operated radio show that amplifies the voices of locals who otherwise, don’t often get the chance to grace the airwaves.
- Muslim Mental Health Matters | A two-day seminar for the Muslim community in Madison to learn and access resources on all things mental health.
🗓️ Mark your calendars
- Applications available Thurs., Sept.15 - Sat., Oct. 15, 2022
- Teams will be notified of their status the week of October 30th, 2022
- Planning boot camps held in-person Nov. 15 & 29 + virtually Dec. 6 & 13
- Events take place spring of 2023