Breathe easy, baseball fans. The 608’s collegiate wooden bat team is back in action, with opening day at the Duck Pond at Warner Park this Memorial Day Weekend. The team will step up to the plate for the first of 70+ home and away games this season.
🗓 The schedule
Monday’s opener against the Lakeshore Chinooks — another Northwood League member — kicks off the summer season with the first pitch at 4:05 p.m. If you can’t make the game, there are 35+ chances to visit the ballpark this season. View the full schedule + take note of these upcoming home games:
- Fond du Lac Dock Spiders (June 3)
- Green Bay Rockers (June 6)
- Wausau Woodchucks (June 10-11)
🎟 Season promotions
Fans can expect recurring promotions that last all season long.
- Fireworks: Enjoy fireworks at Friday night games + Sun., July 3 for Independence Day.
- 608 nights: Celebrate 608 day on Tues., June 8, or other Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout the season with the first pitch at 6:08 p.m. + $6.08 Terrace and Backyard tickets.
- Maynard’s 21st Birthday: The mascot’s turning the big 2-1 and that means champagne showers, Nothing Bundt Cakes + more for the party on Sat., July 16.
- Bark in the Park: Dogs are welcome to the Thurs., June 23 game for a parade around the park.
Other promotions include Kids Day, UW-Madison Alumni Night, Summer Splash, and Star Wars Night.
🌭 Ballpark bites
The Mallards are cooking up a whole lot more than hot dogs. The Duck Pond serves up Wisconsin classics like beer-battered cheese curds and bratwurst, along with walking tacos, BBQ, sweet treats, and plenty of vegetarian-friendly options. Opt for the Duck Blind Special — a $35+ ticket that includes all you can eat and over 25 beers to try from select ballpark stands.
Pro tip: Parking in the main lot at Warner Park is free + tailgating is allowed.
Let’s play ball, Madison.