There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using Floom, an online marketplace that partners with florists that deliver locally.
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Madison Greenhouse Store | 1354 Williamson St., Madison
- Klein’s Floral | 3758 E. Washington Ave., Madison
- Bruce Company | 2830 Parmenter St., Middleton
- Jung Garden Center | multiple locations
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Vintage Brewing Company | Weekdays, 3-5:30 p.m. | Stop in at the brewery for $3 VBC beers from the tap or opt for something with a bit more of a kick and sip on $2 rail mixers.
- Canteen | Everyday, 2-5 p.m. + 9 p.m.-close | Grab half-priced margaritas and sip on $2 Tecates.
- Sardine | Mon.-Fri., 4:00-6 p.m. + Sat.-Sun., 4:30-6 p.m. | Imbibe during dollar off oyster happy hour paired with a glass of the house red, white, or rosé for just $5 per glass. Must try: The moules frites + a glass of the house white.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.