There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using Floom, an online marketplace that partners with florists that deliver locally.
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Madison Greenhouse Store | 1354 Williamson St., Madison
- Klein’s Floral | 3758 E. Washington Ave., Madison
- Bruce Company | 2830 Parmenter St., Middleton
- Jung Garden Center | multiple locations
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Vintage Brewing Company | Weekdays, 3-5:30 p.m. | Stop in at the brewery for $3 VBC beers from the tap or opt for something with a bit more of a kick and sip on $2 rail mixers.
- Canteen | Everyday, 2-5 p.m. + 9 p.m.-close | Grab half-priced margaritas and sip on $2 Tecates.
- Sardine | Mon.-Fri., 4:00-6 p.m. + Sat.-Sun., 4:30-6 p.m. | Imbibe during dollar off oyster happy hour paired with a glass of the house red, white, or rosé for just $5 per glass. Must try: The moules frites + a glass of the house white.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- Memorial Union Terrace | 800 Langdon St.
- MMSD Planetarium | 201 S. Gammon Rd.
- Brigham or Donald County Parks | These parks boast the darkest skies in the Dane County Park System.