Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway unveiled her 2024 Executive Capital Budget and six-year Capital Improvement Plan. Three main goals include investing in essential infrastructure, affordable housing, and sustainability.
- $2 million for Madison Public Library’s Imagination Center
- Planning funds for potential Amtrak service
- 60% increase in affordable housing fund
- $500 million for 1,400 mixed-income housing units
- $144 million North-South bus rapid transit line project
- $13 million in federal tax credits to help finance solar installations at Truax, and geothermal systems at Bartillon Drive homeless shelter
Want to give your two cents — pun intended — on the budget? The City Finance Committee will hold the following meetings:
- Monday, Sept. 11 | 4:30 p.m. | Virtual | Agenda items include concession sales at Olbrich Park, creating Fire Department positions, and a Capital Budget briefing.
- Tuesday, Sept. 12 | 4:30 p.m. | Virtual | This meeting will be a continuation of Monday’s, focusing solely on the Capital Budget.
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 | 4:30 p.m. | TBA | Registration to participate in the public comment period will open in the coming weeks.