Did you know that 62% – nearly 25% higher than the national average – of people living in Madison are single? This stat, coupled with our recent No. 2 ranking on WalletHub’s “Best Cities for Singles” list, seems to be a match made in heaven.
So if you or anyone you know contribute to the city’s robust singles population, bookmark this page where we’re breaking down a few 608 first dates that are sure to wow your next right swipe.
“Let’s grab coffee”
- Marigold Kitchen | $$ | This lunch/brunch spot offers spiked options for many of their cafe drinks to calm those first-date jitters.
- Johnson Public House | $ | For a more casual feel – this eatery is within walking distance from local thrifts and bars if all goes well.
- Fired Up Pottery | $$ | Wanna impress your artsy crush but aren’t creatively inclined? Painting pre-made pottery is the perfect middle ground. If your design goes sideways, just call it abstract.
- Wine and Design | $$ | Sip on some wine and create a themed masterpiece with the help of a local artist. Date night packages include two seats per ticket.
“I hope this works out”
- Boulders Climbing Gym | $$-$$$ | Grab day passes for $20/person or try a Learn to Belay class for $75/person which includes a two-week trial membership, great for follow-up dates.
- Blind Shot | $$ | With golf simulators and ample casual seating, this social club is great for a double or group date. Side note: Does anyone else think it’s time for a Top Golf in the 608?