Traveling via plane is fun — jet-setting over beautiful blue waters or rolling hills, taking in cloud formations, and landing in a completely different location in a matter of hours is unlike anything else.
The whole navigating the airport part? Less exciting, and sometimes pretty stressful. To help make your time at Dane County Regional Airport as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s 18 nonstop flights.
What to know
- TSA | Approximate wait times for security lines at Dane County Regional Airport can be found at each TSA checkpoint — travelers with TSA PreCheck must enter through the south checkpoint area, inside door one.
- Map it out | If you’re like us and need to completely visualize a place before you step foot inside, these maps will be your saving grace.
- Reminder | By May 3, 2023, you will need a REAL ID to board commercial flights in the US.
- Flight status | While we recommend staying updated via your respective airline, you can also check the airport’s dashboard for your flight status in a pinch.
- Food and drink | Grab last-minute small plates + baked goods from Ancora Artisan Coffee & Tea or pick up some Spotted Cow at Metcalfe’s Local to Go to bring on your journey. A little taste of home is never a bad thing.
Parking, shuttles, and rideshare
Not everyone has a bestie who will drop everything to pick them up from the airport at 3 a.m.. Each lot and garage offers 30 minutes of free parking + $2 hourly parking. Beyond that, the price per day is as listed:
- Economy lot | $6/day
- Surface lot | $8/day
- Ramp | $10/day
Because Dane County Regional Airport only has one terminal, all of these parking options are within walking distance of TSA and your gate.
Hate the thought of driving yourself? Try out a shuttle, rideshare, or taxi service that will take you to and from the terminal. These services are suggested by the Dane County Regional Airport:
- Green Cab | Taxi service | Go green + grab an electric car for trip.
- Madison Taxi | Taxi service | Find a dependable ride 24 hours a day.
- Union Cab | Taxi service | Think local and ride with a Madison cab co-op.
The rideshare pick-up location is located between doors 3 and 4 on the roadway median + all other pickups are between doors 5 and 7.
Madison offers 18 nonstop flights, all domestic, flying to all US regions. Here are five nonstop flights to nearby locations.
Pro tip: Remember that flight times and schedules are subject to change — you should rely on your respective airline for exact timing and to stay updated on any changes.