We’re going on a scavenger hunt, ice cream style.
The Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Co. is celebrating 60 years of ice cream on the Isthmus — founded by Chuck Sr. and Nancy Deadman in 1962.
With 100+ flavors and eight Wisconsin parlors, Chocolate Shoppe supplies over 400 small restaurants and scoop shops across the country. Producing super-premium ice cream aka with an overrun of less than 50% (which decreases the amount of air, creating smoother and richer ice cream), the 14% butterfat treat encompasses their slogan — “You want nutrition, eat carrots.”
Places to stop
All 15 spots on the hunt are connected to the ice cream shop. Whether they supply mix-ins for the dairy goodness or are one of the eight ice cream shops, each one plays a role in ice cream creation.
Grab a card at any scoop shop + stop at each community location for a stamp. Three stamps earn you a goodie bag, while all 15 get you Shoppe swag + the chance to win ice cream for the year. Locations include:
- Greenbush Bakery | 1402 Regent St. | Donut maker for the annual ice cream for breakfast day.
- Little John’s Kitchen | 411 Prairie Heights Dr. | A local nonprofit that takes excess food to create chef-quality meals.
- Octopi Co. | 1131 Uniek Dr., Waunakee | Took the signature ice cream + made it into beer.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens | 3330 Atwood Ave. | Community partner on sustainability + outdoor activations.
- Sassy Cow Creamery | W4192 Bristol Rd. | Produces milk for the ice cream.
- Vintage Brewing Co. | 674 S. Whitney Way | Blends craft sodas found at the Sequoya Shoppe.
- Bloom Bake Shop | 1851 Monroe St. | Makes cookies and vegan donuts for specials.
- Atwood Shoppe | 2322 Atwood Ave. | In the heart of the Atwood-Schenk neighborhood with an outdoor patio.
- Camelot Shoppe | 1726 Fordem Ave. | Stop by after visiting Tenney Park.
- Cottage Grove Road Shoppe | 6079 Gemini Dr. | The newest shop in the fleet.
- Fitchburg Shoppe | 2685 Research Park Dr. | Features a kid’s play area and private party room.
- Middleton Shoppe | 2831 Parmenter St. | In the heart of downtown.
- Monroe Street Shoppe | 2531 Monroe St. | Check out the Emily Balsley mural.
- Sequoya Shoppe | 555 S. Midvale Blvd. | Outdoor seating alongside 48 flavors
- State Street Shoppe | 468 State St. | A staple since 1964.