One of the best things about 608 living is the opportunity to experience a variety of cultures right here on the Isthmus. Take a culinary tour of the world via some of our favorite spots serving international cuisine.
1. 🇪🇹 Ethiopian | Buraka, 1210 Williamson St. | Stop by for appetizers + specialty drinks or kick back in the garden patio for a relaxed, outdoor dinner.
2. 🇷🇺 Russian | Paul’s Pel’meni, 414 W. Gilman St. | Paul’s keeps it simple with one thing on its menu, Pel’meni. (Think: potato-filled dumplings.)
3. 🇧🇷 Brazilian | Samba, 240 W. Gilman St. | This one is for the meat lovers. Indulge in table-side meat carving paired with salad, cheeses, and other small bites.
4. 🇮🇳 Indian | Maharani, 380 W. Washington Ave. | A must-try for traditional Indian cusinse + one of Madison’s best lunch buffets. Must-try: vegetable samosa.
5. 🇨🇦 Canadian | Cooper’s Tavern, 20 W. Mifflin St. | While Cooper’s serves more than just Canadian cuisine, it’s the 608’s go-to for poutine.
Did we miss your favorite spot? Let us know.