Happy April, Madison. 🌸 If you’re anything like us, you’re ecstatic about the sunny days, blooming flowers, and spring on the horizon — and with all that excitement, you’re also looking for fun local events to attend. Read on for all the top events happening this month in the City of Four Lakes.
April 1-April 2
Friday, April 1
- Rain: A tribute to the Beatles | Fri., April 1 | 8 p.m. | Overture Center | $35+ | A live performance of the greatest hits of the Beatles’ legendary Abbey Road + Rooftop Concert. 🎵
- Closing Reception for Emily Arthur | Fri., April 1 | 6 p.m. | Overture Center | Free | Celebrate the work of the painter’s “Re-membering” + “Contemporary Indigenous Printmaking” exhibits.
- Stomp | Fri., April 1 | 8 p.m. | Overture Center | $45+ | The performance group known for using non-conventional instruments and everyday objects to generate a symphony of drum beats. 🥁
- Chelsea Cutler | Fri., April 1 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $29+ | A concert hosted by the pop singer-songwriter + producer.
- Randy Rainbow | Fri, April 1 | 8 p.m. | Orpheum Theater | $39.50+ | The artist + musician brings his parodies and spoof numbers.
- Dream House | Fri., April 1 | 5-8 p.m. | Tandem Press, 1743 Commercial Ave. | Free | A reception for an art exhibit put together by a UW Master of Fine Arts printmaking candidate.
- Open Mic Night | Fri., April 1 | 8-11 p.m. | Wisconsin Historical Society, 816 State St. | Free | A night to perform or enjoy live music, dance, poetry + comedy.
Saturday, April 2
- Whose Live Anyway | Sat., April 2 | 8 p.m. | Overture Center | $30+ | An improv comedy show based on audience questions + prompts featuring the cast of the Emmy-nominated show, “Whose Line is it Anyway.”
- Steven Wright | Sat., April 2 | 8 p.m. | Barrymore Theatre | $40+ | The Academy award-winning stand-up comedian with his deadpan one-liners.
- Spektral Quartet | Sat., April 2 | 7:30 p.m. | Hamel Music Center, 740 University Ave. | $13 | A concert from the Chicago-based string quartet known for its collaborations with renowned composers. 🎸
- Kids in the Rotunda: Drum Power | Sat., April 2 | Times vary | Overture Center | Free | Two performances by a youth-led African drumming ensemble.
- Whiskey Meyers | Sat., April 2 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $35+ | A Southern rock concert performed by a six-man band whose scores have been featured in shows like “Yellowstone.” 🤘
- Fire & Ice Ball | Sat., April 2 | 8-11:30 p.m. | The Madison Club, 5 E. Wilson St. | $150 | Suit up for a black-tie dance event featuring a full bar + hors d’oeuvres with proceeds benefiting the Salvation Army.
April 3-April 9
Sunday, April 3
- Spring Crafty Fair | Sun., April 3 | 10 a.m-4 p.m. | Goodman Community Center, 149 Waubesa St. | Free | An artisanal showcase featuring local crafters who specialize in creating handmade home goods.
- Home Buyers Seminar | Sun., April 3 | 7-8 p.m. | Sprinkman Real Estate, 622 W. Washington Ave. | Free | An informational discussion on home buying with desserts included.
- Chris Renzema | Sun., April 3 | 7 p.m. | Barrymore Theatre | $20+ | A musical performance that blends indie rock, folk + Christian contemporary rock.
- Bingo, Bloodys, Beer, and Brunch | Sun., April 3 | 12-2 p.m. | Lone Girl Brewing Company, 114 E. Main St., Waunakee | Free | An afternoon of food, booze + bingo.
- Ritt Momney | Sun., April 3 | 8 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $20+ | An indie-pop music concert from the Salt Lake-based musician
Monday, April 4
- Vaccine Community Outreach | Mon., April 4 | 12:30-6 p.m. | The Edgewater, 1001 Wisconsin Pl. | Free | A summit discussing the importance, efficiency + science behind COVID-19 vaccines.
- Diversity Virtual Career Fair | Mon., April 4 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Virtual | Free | A career featuring 30+ Fortune 500 employers looking to hire Madisonians from diverse backgrounds.
- South Central Skills Training Academy | Mon., April 4 | 6-8 p.m. | Midwest Decorative Stone & Landscaping, 6149 McKee Rd., Fitchburg | $15+ | A small-group life skills training session for children + adults with special needs.
- Line Dance Lessons | Mon., April 4 | 7-8 p.m. | Schumacher Farm Park, 5682 WI-19, Waunakee | $10 | Lessons in common dances like the Electric Slide + Cupid Shuffle.
- Monday Run Group | Mon., April 4 | 5:45-6:45 p.m. | Movin’ Shoes, 528 S. Park St. | Free | A weekly group exercise session for runners of all ability levels.
Tuesday, April 5
- Woodcock and Snipe Walk | Tues., April 5 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Faville Grove Sanctuary, W7480 Prairie Ln., Lake Mills | $20 | An evening of bird watching hosted by Madison Audubon.
- UW-Madison Symphony Orchestra | Tues., April 5 | 7:30-9 p.m. | Hamel Music Center, 740 University Ave. | Free | A musical showcase performed by UW-Madison’s own student orchestra.
- Kishi Bashi | Tues., April 5 | 8 p.m. | Majestic Theatre | $25+ | A performance by a Georgia-based songwriter known for his multi-instrumental talents + dexterity.
- Magic Sword & Dance with the Dead | Tues., April 5 | 7 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $20+ | A night of electronic dance music with rock and roll influence.
- Tasty Topics | Tues., April 5 | 12-1 p.m. | StartingBlock, 821 E. Washington Ave. | Free | A workshop to discuss the how-to’s of launching a start-up or opening a business.
- Evenings with Audubon | Tues., April 5 | 7-8 p.m. | Goodman Community Center, 214 Waubesa St. | Free | Learn about how to properly care for injured wildlife from DCHS’s Wildlife Center.
Wednesday, April 6
- Mountain Film Festival | Wed., April 6 | 7 p.m. | Overture Center | $30 | A showcase of mountain climbing and winter sports films for exercise enthusiasts with an affinity for the great outdoors.
- Book Bites | Wed., April 6 | 7-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Former wrestler Chris Multerer discusses his autobiographical work Job Man: My Life in Professional Wrestling.
- Forward Madison FC vs. TBD | Wed., April 6 | 7 p.m. | Breese Stevens Field | $25+ | Madison’s resident USL team takes the field in its home opener.
- Wood Burning Workshop | Wed., April 6 | 6 p.m. | Twisted Grounds, 6067 Gemini Dr. | $65 | A lesson in creating wood-burning art.
- Application Drop-in Session | Wed., April 6 | 8-9 a.m. | Virtual | Free | An informational session outlining the application process for UW’s School of Business.
- Quetzal | Wed., April 6 | 6:45-8 p.m. | UW School of Human Ecology, 1300 Linden Dr. | Free | A performance from the Grammy Award-winning Latin rock and roll band.
- Author Visit: Cara Black | Wed., April 6 | 6 p.m. | Mystery to Me, 1863 Monroe St. | Free | A talk from the author + introduction to the twentieth book in the Aimee LeDuc mystery series.
Thursday, April 7
- Wisconsin Film Festival | Thurs., April 7 | 5:30 p.m. | Locations vary | $125+ | The annual independent film festival.
- Pete Lee | Thurs., April 7 | 7:30 p.m. | Comedy on State, 202 State St. | $5+ | Janesville’s own Pete Lee performs a Midwestern roots-inspired stand-up routine.
- Women Veteran Owned Business Recognition & Benefit | Thurs., April 7 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Wisconsin Veterans Museum, 30 W. Mifflin St. | $25+ | A celebration of women veteran-owned businesses, start-ups + community contributions.
- Cocktail Class 201 | Thurs., April 7 | 6 p.m. | Garver Feed Mill, 3241 Garver Green | $80 | An intermediate skill-level cocktail making class with food provided by the Garver Kitchen.
- A conversation with Author and Award-Winning Journalist J.B. MacKinnon | Thurs., April 7 | 6:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Join the Waunakee Public Library for a talk with the author of The Day the World Stops Shopping.
Friday, April 8
- Watchhouse | Fri, April 4 | 8 p.m. | Overture Center | $30+ | A folk performance from the husband + wife duo formerly known as Mandolin Orange.
- Missa Solemnis | Fri., April 4 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $20+ | The Madison Symphony Orchestra performs Hadyn’s Violin Concerto + Beethoven’s Missa Solemnis.
- An Evening with C.S. Lewis | Fri., April 4 | 8 p.m. | Overture Center | $60 | A performance of the renowned biographical play with David Payne playing famed “Narnia Chronicles” author.
- Midwest Tradefest | Fri., April 8 | 3-9 p.m. | Madison Masonic Center, 301 Wisconsin Ave. | Free entry | The annual trade event returns with local craft makers + merchants displaying their goods for sale.
- Michael Darling & Benjamin Scully | Fri., April 8 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Cargo Coffee East, 750 E. Washington Ave. | Free entry | A night of musical performances from two local multi-instrumentalist alternative artists.
- Icelandic Songs Studio Recital | Fri., April 8 | Edgewood College | 1 p.m. | Free | A nordic music showcase performed by Edgewood College students.
Saturday, April 9
- Fitchburg Mini Market | Sat., April 9 | 3-8 p.m. | Delta Beer Lab, 167 E. Badger Rd. | Free entry | A beer tasting event hosted by Madison Makers to benefit the philanthropic brewery.
- Madison Royal Princess Ball | Sat., April 9 | 9 a.m. | Monona Terrace | $25+ | Bring the whole family for a children’s event featuring dancing, singing + storytelling with all the kids’ favorite Disney princesses.
- The Flaming Lips | Sat., April 9 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $49.50+ | A psychedelic rock concert featuring a performance from the blues-rock band, Heartless Bastards.
- Blue Willow Chinese Dance | Sat., April 9 | Times vary | Overture Center | Free | A traditional Chinese court dance showcase by performer Joy Chen.
- Forward Madison FC vs. Union Omaha | Sat., April 9, | 7 p.m. | Breese Stevens Field | $25+ | Flock to watch the 608’s resident USL team take on the Owls.
- Beat the Blue Cruise Run/Walk | Sat., April 9 | 8 a.m.-12 p.m. | Keva Sports Center, 8312 Forsythia St., Middleton | Prices vary | A 5-10 kilometer run + walk event to benefit suicide prevention efforts in Dane County.
- Parkinson’s Half Marathon, 5k & 1 mile walk | Sat., April 9 | 8 a.m.-12 p.m. | 220 S. Main St., Cottage Grove | $35+ | A multi-distance race event with proceeds providing financial support + education to families or individuals struggling with Parkinson’s.
- Move Madison | Sat., April 9 | 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. | The Joint Chiropractic, 4706 E. Towne Blvd. | Free entry | Free adjustments + raffles from local businesses.
- Forward Garden Tour | Sat., April 9 | 1-2 p.m. | Forward Garden at the Pope Farm Homestead, 7492 Old Sauk Rd., Middleton | Free | Learn about volunteer opportunities + tour the Madison Area Food Pantry Gardens’ newest 12-acre garden plot.
- Author Talk w/ Kristine Hansen | Sat., April 9 | 12-2 p.m. | Garver Feed Mill, 3241 Garver Green | Free | A talk on Wisconsin farmers + agritourism hosted by a renowned travel author.
- Egg Art Contest | Sat., April 9 | 5:30 p.m. | Orange Tree Imports, 1721 Monroe St. | Free | An Easter egg decoration competition + showcase with a gift card grand prize.
- Krystal Kuehl & Ryan Hartkopf | Sat., April 9 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Cargo Coffee East, 750 E. Washington Ave. | Free entry | A Midwestern-inspired folk music concert with a bluegrass influence.
April 10-April 16
Sunday, April 10
- Real Talk | Sun., April 10 | 6-8 p.m. | The Rigby, 119 E. Main St. | $10 | A night of stand-up comedy + tear-jerking stories performed by some of the Midwest’s hottest up-and-coming comics.
- Finding North Album Release | Sun., April 10 | 6 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $10 | An up-and-coming alternative rock band celebrates the release of its debut album.
- Kids on the Prairie | Sun., April 10 | 10:15-11:30 a.m. | Holy Wisdom Monastery, 200 County Hwy. M, Middleton | Free | A family-friendly educational event centered around nature + conservation.
- Mount Olive Festival Orchestra | Sun., April 10 | 3 p.m. | Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 110 N. Whitney Way | Free | A German Mass concert featuring the Mount Olive Christus Choir.
- Farm Toy & Craft Show | Sun., April 10 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Waunakee High School, 301 Community Dr. | $3 | An artisanal showcase with prizes + food.
- Abagael Phelan | Sun., April 10 | 12 p.m. | Hamel Music Center, 740 University Ave. | Free | A Soprano pitch vocals concert with violin + piano accompaniment performed by three UW-Madison students.
- Easter Egg Hunt | Sun., April 10 | 10 a.m. | Elmside Circle Park, 500 Elmside Blvd. | A family-friendly Easter gathering in the Schenk-Atwood neighborhood.
- Drag Brunch Extravaganza | Sun., April 10 | 11 a.m. | Garver Feed Mill, 3241 Garver Green | $100 | A gala fundraiser for the Community Action Coalition featuring four drag performers.
Monday, April 11
- Crash the Kitchen | Mon., April 11 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Birx Cider, 119 S. 2nd St., Mount Horeb | $30 | A three-course meal prepared by Francesa Hong.
- REIA Spotlight | Mon., April 11 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | 2809 Fish Hatchery Rd., Fitchburg | Free | A meet-up event for aspiring real estate investors.
- BSN to MSN Lunch & Learn | Mon., April 11 | 12-1 p.m. | Herzing University, 5218 E. Terrace Dr. | Free | An informational session on earning a Masters in Science Nursing with food provided by Dickey’s BBQ.
- String Fest | Mon., April 11 | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. | Heid Music, 7948 Tree Ln. | Free entry | A day of special discounts on string + orchestral instruments for purchase.
- Chair Yoga | Mon., April 18-Mon., May 2 | 1:30-2:15 p.m. | Olbrich Bontanical Gardens | $48+ | A four-week series of traditional yoga poses + stretching.
Tuesday, April 12
- FreshEx | Tues., April 12 | 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Alliant Energy Center | $19+ | A networking opportunity for bakers, grocers + restaurant owners looking to grow their business and connect with fellow foodies.
- The Significance of the Ho-Chunk in American History | Tues., April 12 | 5-6:30 p.m. | Wisconsin Historical Society, 816 State St. | Free | A lecture on the history of Wisconsin’s Ho-Chunk Nation hosted by UW professor Stephen Kantrowitz.
- Live at MTM: Dave Iverson with Doug Moe | Tues., April 12 | 6 p.m. | Mystery to Me, 1863 Monroe St. | Free | A conversation with the author of Winter Stars at the local bookstore.
- Job Shop | Tues., April 12 | 1-3 p.m. | Theresa Terrace Neighborhood Center, 1409 Theresa Terrace | Free | A weekly workshop designed to help unemployed community members find work.
- Open Mic | Tues., April 12 | 6-9 p.m. | The Bur Oak, 2262 Winnebago St. | Free | Grab the mic or sit back + enjoy a night of musical performances from your fellow Madisonians.
- New Faces New Places | Tues., April 12 | 4-6 p.m. | Lodgic Everyday Community, 2801 Marshall Ct. | Free | Join the coworking space to connect with like-minded business people.
- FPC Bingo | Tues., April 12 | 5 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $5 | Game night with an opportunity to win tickets to highly exclusive upcoming concerts.
Wednesday, April 13
- Brass for Books | Wed., April 13 | 5:30-7:30 p.m | Garver Feed Mill, 3241 Garver Green | Free entry | A brass instrument on the Garver Patio with pizza + beer to benefit the Literacy Network.
- Beer Bingo | Wed., April 13 | 6:30 p.m. | Bierock, 2911 N. Sherman Ave. | Free | A game night with prizes + merch giveaways featuring a Sierra Nevada Brewing Company beer tasting menu.
- Irish Music Bridge Session | Wed., April 13 | 7-10 p.m. | The Rigby, 119, E. Main St. | Free entry | A Celtic music training + jam session for all instrumentalists of all expertise levels to enjoy.
- ANCESTRAL Poetry & Pairing | Wed., April 13 | 6:30-9 p.m. | Giant Jones Brewing Company, 931 E. Main St. | Free+ | A rural Midwestern themed poetry reading night from author Daniel Smith featuring a beer + cheese pairing.
- Spring Fling Cooking Class | Wed., April 13 | 6-8:30 p.m. | DelecTable, 3248 University Ave. | $69 | A night of culinary lessons hosted by a critically acclaimed instructor with a five-course meal + drinks included.
- Spring Park Bench | Wed., April 13 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Wine & Design, 167 S. Fair Oaks Ave. | $40 | A painting class with professional instruction + beverages provided.
- Clean Lakes 101 | Wed., April 13 | 8-9 a.m. | Edgewater Hotel, 1001 Wisconsin Pl. | Free+ | A discussion on the history + ecology of Lake Mendota hosted by a UW Ph.D. candidate.
Thursday, April 14
- Cork ‘n Bottle String Band | Thurs., April 14 | 6-8 p.m. | Harmony Bar & Grill, 2201 Atwood Ave. | Free entry | A night of music from a seven-man band that blends classic guitar with violin, cello + stand-up bass.
- Timberdoodle Trek | Thurs., April 14 | 6-8 p.m. | UW-Madison Arboretum | Free | Explore the rituals of the secretive birds + trek into the woods to find one.
- Paint Madison Skyline | Thurs., April 14 | 7 p.m. | Old Sugar Distillery, 931 E. Main St. | $25 | Show pride in place + paint your favorite city skyline.
- Chardonnay Tasting | Thurs., April 14 | 6 p.m. | WineStyles Shoppes, 2824 Prairie Lakes Dr., Sun Prarie | $15 | Taste wines from around the world.
- Maestranza | Thurs., April 14 | 7-10 p.m. | The Brink Lounge, 701 E. Washington Ave. | Free entry | A rotating cast of local musicians with fresh arrangements.
Friday, April 15
- Easter Bunny Hop | Fri., April 15 | 5-7 p.m. | Hilldale Shopping Center | Free | Meet the Easter Bunny for photos + hunt Easter eggs.
- Big Bills Farewell Tour | Fri., April 15 | 7 p.m. | BarleyPop Live, 121 W. Main St. | $10 | A Madison-based country band has its last hurrah alongside two up-and-coming 608 musicians.
- Angela Puerta | Fri., April 15 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Cargo Coffee East, 750 E. Washington Ave. | Free | A Latin music performance from an award-winning Colombian guitarist influenced by reggae + alternative rock.
- Magic Rob | Fri., April 15 | 6-8 p.m. | Lone Girl Brewing Company, 114 E. Main St., Waunakee | Free | Family-friendly entertainment at the local brewery.
- Treetop Explorer | Fri., April 15 | 12:30-2:30 p.m. | Village Park, 410 E. Main St., Waunakee | $42 | Get harnessed in + explore tree climbing at your own pace
Saturday, April 16
- Harmonious Wail | Sat., April 16 | 8-11 p.m. | North Street Cabaret, 610 North St. | $15 | A Gypsy jazz concert blending guitar, mandolin, and smooth, crooning vocals.
- Print and Resist Zinefest | Sat., April 16 | 11 a.m-4 p.m. | Madison Public Library, 201 West Mifflin St. | Free | A DIY lesson in publishing and printmaking hosted by a litany of area artists, printmakers + writers.
- Kids in the Rotunda: Ken Lonnquist | Sat., April 16 | Times vary | Overture Center | Free | An Earth Day celebration featuring eco-friendly tunes from the children’s entertainer + musician.
- Micky Dolenz | Sat., April 16 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $39+ | The Monkees lead singer pays tribute to his three bandmates with a concert + behind-the-scenes band footage from the former quartet’s performing days.
- Arboretum Night Walk | Sat., April 16 | 7-8:30 p.m. | UW-Madison Arboretum Visitors Center, 2880 Longneck Dr. | Free | An evening of exploration + nighttime animal watching.
- Dane County Farmers’ Market | Sat., April 16 | 6:15 a.m.-1:45 p.m. | Capitol Square | Madison’s annual farm-to-table outdoor produce market returns for the summer + fall.
- On the Margins | Sat., April 16 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m. | Virtual | $40 | An online workshop dedicated to uncovering family lore for historically marginalized groups.
- Fermenting Flavor: The Art and Science Behind Big Beers | Sat., April 16 | 2:30-4 p.m. | Giant Jones Brewing Company, 931 E. Main St. | $35 | Learn about the brewing process, ingredients, and fermentation.
- Starkweather Creek Spring Cleanup | Sat., April 16 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Olbrich Inner Boat Launch | Free | Join Friends of Starkweather Creek members for an Eather week clean up.
April 17-April 23
Sunday, April 17
- Brother Ali: The Travelers Tour | Sun., April 17 | 8 p.m. | Majestic Theater | $20+ | Music from the rapper + community activist.
- Nature Hike | Sun., April 17 | 1-2:30 p.m. | UW-Madison Arboretum Visitor Center, 2880 Longenecker Dr. | Free | Learn about the land, plants, animals, fungi, phenology, and ecology.
- Madison Starry Night | Sun., April 17 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Wine & Design, 167 S. Fair Oaks Ave. | $40 | Paint the Madison skyline, Van Gogh style.
- Easter Brunch | Sun., April 17 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | The Cider Farm, 8216 Watts Rd. | Prices vary | A brunch menu of local meats, cheese, breads + more.
- Easter at the Melting Pot | Sun., April 17 | 12-9 p.m. | The Melting Pot, 6816 Odana Rd. | Prices vary | Creamy cheese and egg-cellent chocolate fondue on the Sunday holiday.
Monday, April 18
- Brit Floyd | Mon., April 18 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $38.50+ | “The world’s greatest” Pink Floyd tribute band performing the famed psychedelic rock band’s greatest hits.
- Ashman All Ages Chess Club | Mon., April 18 | 4-6 p.m. | Ashman Library, 733 N. High Point Rd. | Free | Take a lesson or play during open game time at the all skill levels club.
- Monday Run Group | Mon., April 18 | 5:45-6:45 p.m. | 528 S. Park St. | Free | A weekly 3-5 mile group run hosted by Movin’ Shoes Running Club.
Tuesday, April 19
- Smarty Pants Trivia | Tues., April 18 | 7 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $5 | Dress as your favorite character from The Office + bring your A-game for a night of Scranton trivia.
- Trivia at the Wisconsin Brewing Company | Tues., April 18 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Wisconsin Brewing Company, 1079 American Way, Verona | $1+ | A night of friendly competition over a beer.
- Adult Knitting Club | Tues., April 18 | 1-4 p.m. | Sequoya Library, 4340 Tokay Blvd. | Free | Bring your own supplies for an all skills afternoon of knitting.
- Move, Nourish, Connect | Tues., April 18 | 9:15 a.m. | Pinney Library, 516 Cottage Grove Rd. | Free | Children under five + caregivers can move together and connect with others in the community.
- Exploring Flavors: Giant Jones w/ Quince and Apple | Tues., April 18 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Giant Jones Brewing Company, 931 E. Main St. | $35 | Beer pairings with local artisan pickles, nuts, and preserves.
Wednesday, April 20
- Royal Blood | Wed., April 20 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $29.50+ | A performance by an English Rock Duo known for their bass style that employs effect pedals and amps for a hard-hitting electric sound.
- The Lil Smokies | Wed., April 20 | 8 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $17+ | Roots music with the energy of a rock band.
- Munchies Cooking Class | Wed., April 20 | 6 p.m. | DelecTable, 3248 University Ave. | $69 | Whip up homemade snacks like buffalo chicken spring rolls + goat cheese pita pizza.
- Scrabble at the Library | Wed., April 20 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Lakeview Library, 2845 N. Sherman Ave. | Free | Exercise your brain with other adults at the classic game.
- Wine Lover | Wed., April 20 | 6:30 p.m. | Wine & Design, 167 S. Fair Oaks Ave. | $40 | Paint + sip on some vino throughout the night.
- Wednesday Market | Wed., April 20 | 8:30 a.m.-1:45 p.m. | Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. | Free entry | The return of DCFM’s summer market series with fresh fruits, veggies + more.
Thursday, April 21
- Trinity Irish Dance | Thurs., April 21 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $25+ | A percussion dance show that combines Irish tradition with American-influenced beats.
- Russian Troll Farm | Thurs., April 21 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | 7:30 p.m. | $34+ | A comedy show envisioning the daily lives of Russian state-backed internet trolls as they seek to sow political discontent in the US.
- Parker McCollum | Thurs., April 21 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $27.50 | A Texas-based country music rising star brings his guitar, harmonica + Americana-themed lyrics.
- Yumi Zouma | Thurs., April 21 | 8 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $15+ | A New Zealand alternative pop band.
- Gang of Youths: Angel in Realtime Tour | Thurs., April 21 | 8 p.m. | Majestic Theatre | $25+ | Music from the Australian alternative rock group from Sydney.
- Joe Iaquinto and Friends | Thurs., April 21 | 7-10 p.m. | Brinklounge, 701 E. Washington Ave. | Free entry | The bassist and guitarist for a night of music.
- We Read… and Create | Thurs., April 21 | 3:30-5:30 p.m. | Lakeview Library | 2845 N. Sherman Ave. | Free | Families can drop in for an afternoon of creative projects + activities.
- Disconapse with Maestranza | Thurs., April 21 | 7-10 p.m. | The Bur Oak | $10.55+ | A rotating cast of local musicians with fresh arrangements of covers.
Friday, April 22
- Masterworks IV: The Emperor | Fri., April 22 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $15+ | The Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra performs Beethoven’s renowned Concerto, “Emperor.”
- No Limits | Fri, April 22 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $20+ | Modern dance performance by Madison’s own Kanopy Dance Company.
- The Floozies | Fri., April 22-Sat., April 23 | Times vary | Majestic Theatre | $25+ | Sounds from the dance + electric duo.
- Invasion 4: Earth to Clark, The Earthlings, Earthmother, and Smokin’ Joe | Fri., April 22 | 8 p.m. | Harmony Bar & Grill, 2201 Atwood Ave. | Free entry | Part of the concert series highlighting 12 different musicians and artists.
- Earth Day Weekend | Fri., April 22-Sat., April 23 | Times vary | Hilldale Shopping Center | Free entry | Green-filled fun including a donation drive, paper shredding, a pop-up Burn Boot Camp + more.
- Tap Takeover at Garth’s Brew Bar | Fri., April 22 | 5-9 p.m. | Garth’s Brew Bar, 1726 Monroe St. | Free entry | Maplewood Brewery and Distillery takes over the taps for a night.
Saturday, April 23
- SpringFest Arts & Crafts Fair | Sat., April 23 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m. | Warner Park Community and Recreation Center, 1625 Northport Dr. | $1+ | The 17th annual showcase with 80+ Midwestern artists and crafters.
- Mad City Story Slam | Sat., April 23 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Cargo Coffee East, 750 E. Washington Ave. | Free entry | Listen to a series of laugh-out-loud stories of risk-taking and ill-fated decisions made by your fellow Madisonians.
- Wayne the Wizard | Sat., April 23 | Times vary | Overture Center | Free | A magic show for the whole family including mind-bending tricks, ventriloquism + comedy routines
- Primus | Sat., April 23 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $49.50 | An alternative rock band whose members made a name for themselves leaning into heavy metal.
- Slothrust | Sat., April 23 | 8 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $16+ | An American alternative rock band from Boston.
- SPIRITfest - Honoring Humanity | Sat., April 23 | 12-4 p.m. | Garver Feed Mill | $37 | Music + yoga from local creators along with food from the Garver eateries.
- Amos Lee | Sat., April 23 | 7:30 p.m. | Orpheum Theatre | $39.50+ | An American singer-songwriter whose musical style encompasses folk, rock, and soul.
- Ecological Restoration Work Party | Sat., April 23 | 9 a.m. | UW-Madison Arboretum Visitor Center, 2880 Longenecker Dr. | Free | Volunteer for restoration activities + learn about prairies and savannas.
- Shakespeare in the Park: An Anniversary Celebration | Sat., April 23 | 11 a.m.-8 p.m. | Rennebohm Park, 128 N. Eau Claire Ave. | Free | Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Madison Shakespeare Company + the writer’s death with a day-long festival of readings and performances.
- Earth Day Cleanup | Sat., April 23 | Times vary | Madison Parks, location varies | Free | Join Madison Parks for local clean-up projects at parks around the city.
- The Rent Event | Sat., April 23 | 6:30-10 p.m. | Goodman Community Center, 214 Waubesa St. | $50+ | A 60s themed night of dancing, raffles, a live auction, and more to benefit Safe Harbor.
- Madison Forward vs. UW-Madison | Sat., April 23 | 7 p.m. | Breese Stevens Field | $36+ | The flamingos take on the badgers in a local head-to-head match to benefit UCP.
- Party for the Planet | Sat., April 23 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Henry Vilas Zoo | Free | Learn about rainforest animals with storytime, a frog scavenger hunt + spring animal enrichment.
- Record Store Day 2022 | Sat., April 23 | 9 a.m. | 2023 Atwood Ave. | Free entry | Check out new and used collectible vinyls and enter to win prizes.
April 24-April 30
Sunday, April 24
- Bird and Nature Festival | Sun., April 24 | 12-4 p.m. | Warner Park, 2930 N. Sherman Ave. | Free | A celebration of Bird Day, Arbor Day + Earth Day with an opportunity to see some of the most well-known birds of prey up-close.
- Sunday Cinematheque: Edmond | Sun., April 24 | 2-4 p.m. | Chazen Museum of Art | Free | A screening of Stuart Goodman’s cinematic adaptation of David Mamet’s famed one-act play.
- Roses & Rosé | Sun., April 24 | 2-6 p.m. | The Brink Lounge, 701 E Washington Ave. | $65 | A celebratory event for self-love and appreciation featuring a full bar, a red carpet, networking opportunities, live music + a painting raffle.
Monday, April 25
- Mini Flows | Mon., April 25 | 11:15 a.m.-12 p.m. | Monroe Street Arts Center | TBD | Yoga flows designed for children aged 3-5, parents welcome.
Tuesday, April 26
- 2022 Women to Watch Soiree | Tues., April 26 | 5:30-8 p.m. | Wisconsin School of Business, 975 University Ave. | $10+ | A dinner event celebrating the 2022 class of BRAVA Magazine’s Women to Watch.
- Joy Oladokun | Tues., April 26 | 8 p.m. | Majestic Theatre | $16+ | Music from the singer-songwriter sharing the experiences of a black, queer woman.
- FPC Bingo | Tues., April 26 | 5 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $5 | An 18+ bingo event with chances to win tickets to some of the city’s best concerts.
- King Pari | Tues., April 26 | 8:30 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $12+ | Somewhere between low-fi r&b + 80s house, the duo is bringing stoner soul tunes.
- Tktktk | Tues., April 26 |
- The Slocan Ramblers | Tues., April 26 | The Bur Oak | 8 p.m. | $12+ | A night of easy listening + steady tunes from the Canadian bluegrass group.
Wednesday, April 27
- Badflower | Wed., April 27 | 7 p.m. | Majestic Theatre | $25+ | The Nashville quartet brings an in-your-face, uncomfortable yet intriguing alt-rock sound.
- Cullah’s Firebird Album Release Show | Wed., April 27 | The Bur Oak | 8 p.m. | $12+ | A WI native sound engineer and artist with a magnetic pull towards music.
Thursday, April 28
- Wags and Whiskers: Soiree for the Strays | Thurs., April 28 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | The Tinsmith, 828 E. Main St. | $100 | A dinner + cocktail party for animal lovers looking to adopt a pet or donate to Underdog Pet Rescue.
- Wu Grass: Chris Castino & Chicken Wire Empire | Thurs., April 28 | 8 p.m. | High Noon Saloon | $17+ | Jam out with the Milwaukee-based alt-bluegrass band + listen to their new record Fresh Pickles.
Friday, April 29
- Afrique en Cirque | Fri., April 29 | 7:30 p.m. | Overture Center | $25 | An acrobatics show performed to the tune of Guinean drum beats.
- Orpheus in the Underworld | Fri., April 29 | 8 p.m. | Overture Center | $19+ | A rendition of Jaques Offenbach’s Greek mythology-themed satirical smash hit.
- Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival | Fri., April 29-Sat., April 30 | 7 p.m. | The Bur Oak | $40 | Four musical acts making a “harmonious wail” perfect for some swinging.
- THE HUNT | Fri., April 29-Sun., May 22 | 8 a.m.-8 p.m. | Dane County | $25 | In this county-wide scavenger hunt, participants form teams, earn points, and compete for prizes during fun and exciting missions.*
Saturday, April 30
- Spring Preview | Sat., April 30 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Klein’s Floral and Greenhouses, 3758 E. Washington Ave. | Free entry | A display of spring flowers for you + the botany buff in your life.
- Kids in the Rotunda: Lullaby Project | Sat., April 30 | Times vary | Overture Center | Free | A local music show featuring artists who specialize in writing children’s songs + nursery rhymes.
- Jimmie Allen | Sat., April 30 | 8 p.m. | The Sylvee | $29.50 | A country music show from an acclaimed singer + guitarist.
- Direct Hit! + Limbeck | Sat., April 30 | 7:30 p.m. | Majestic Theatre | $15+ | A night of jams from the five-piece punk rock group hailing from Milwaukee.
- 40th Annual Crazylegs Classic | Sat., April 30 | 9:50 a.m. | Capitol Square | $30+ | Join thousands of Madisonians for a fun day of philanthropy + physical activity through the 8k run or 2-mile walk.
- Forward Madison FC vs. Central Valley Fuego FC | Sat., April 30 | 5 p.m. | Breese Stevens Field | $25+ | The flamingos take to the field in a league matchup.
- Sheep Shearing Weekend | Sat., April 30-Sun., May 1 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Old World Wisconsin, W372 S9727 Hwy 67, Eagle | Engage in hands-on sheep shearing demonstrations + practice and learn Norwegian dancing.