If there are two things the 608 loves, it’s the holidays and our pets. Check out these local ways to make sure nobody is ruffing it this season.
Fetch some goodies
Is your pet on the naughty or nice list? Either way, we think they deserve a little something special.
- MadCat | With three locations, you’re never far from a trusted source for pet food, supplies, and advice.
- Bad Dog Frida | This supply store hosts events where you can chat with animal trainers + holistic vets.
- Wildewood | Browse the pet-friendly plant selection for decor everyone can enjoy.
Give a helping
Gifted animals have a higher chance of ending up in a shelter than animals purchased by the intended owner firsthand. It’s a busy time of year for shelters, but here’s how you can help.
- Madison Cat Project | Looking for a new year’s resolution? MCP encourages long-term volunteers with an extensive training program.
- Dane County Humane Society | With youth volunteer opportunities, the whole family can get involved.
- 9 Lives | Join their volunteer board or inquire about short-term options.
Madison is full of parks + patios that are great for our pets in the warmer months, but why let the fun stop when the snow starts falling?
- The Graduate | Have visitors coming to town with a furry friend in tow? For $35, pets can also enjoy this creatively cozy hotel.
- Boneyard | The extensive beer menu will keep you occupied while Fido frolics with friends.
- Wisconsin Brewing Co. | Leashed pets can enjoy the taproom alongside their owners.